Friday, July 8, 2011

Case Study 88: "The Man Repelling Meringue"

The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach...


That is, of course, unless you're cooking up lemon meringue.  Yes.  That's right.  I have discovered the ultimate man-abhorred dessert, and it's not because it looks like a cream puff.  


 
In a very scientific poll conducted this morning through the mediums of mobile text messaging and internet email chatting, I discovered that most men hate lemon meringue...and roughly ninety-nine point nine percent of women love it.


Well, this threw my little anthropologist ladypants in a tizzy

Of course, I had to know more.  So I went to my next source of knowledge, and googled the hell out of it.  Men, lemon, tastebuds, poor taste, women, sweeter... things got a little out of hand, but you get the idea.   Answers to my query included:

"Can lemon make Bud taste like lemon?" 
and
"The science of man cake."

YIKES.


And yet, no real evidence surfaced, except for the possible (probable) fact that men likely have fewer taste buds than women.

Well gentlemen, I'm out to prove you wrong.


 Slightly lemon flavored vanilla cupcakes with a dollop of lemon curd and a toasted whip of meringue on top.  Perfect palate cleanser for a day of beers, beach and BBQ.  Perfect light delight to help you keep your girlish figure.  Perfect way to woo a lady (because hell, apparently they all like this).

So here's my question:  am I right or am I wrong?   
Men, do you actually secretly dream about lemon meringue?

I mean, as far as I'm concerned, these babies are one small step for cupcakes, and one more giant leap away from man-kind.  

(Kudos, as always to the Man Repeller, who is so inspiring)

No comments: