Saturday, April 7, 2012

Case Study 113: "The Easter Nest"


"And all the season of snows and sins; 
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins."
 
- Algernon Charles Swinburne 
 

A few months ago, my love, amidst an amazingly positive turn of life events, had proclaimed that Easter had come early this year. As we plow through April, my outlook is just so bright, that I now completely know what he meant by it.  
 


This spring has given many gifts so far. In a few months of hard work, I've been given a new awareness about my strengths and limits. Another nephew is arriving soon, and I'm completely consumed by the idea that my family could grow even more full with this new addition of wonder and awe. And honestly, has this not been the most gloriously warm spring? That has been a gift in itself.
 
And so we're celebrating it all with these caramel coconut-y nests, reminiscent of Easter themed Samoas. Vanilla cupcakes in chocolate cookie crusts, topped with melted chocolate, caramel buttercream, toasted coconuts and peanut M&M eggs.

Happy holiday and happy spring. However you celebrate, I hope the season brings you an abundance of newness and life. 

No comments: