Monday, October 17, 2011

Case Study 98: Prizewinning Pumpkin Cupcakes

On Saturday, I had the honor of competing as a finalist in my little Connecticut town's Fall Festival Pumpkin Recipe Contest.  

Selected by judges the prior week, my recipe for "Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes in a Ginger Graham Cracker Crust with a Maple Cream Cheese Buttercream and Candied Pepita on top" competed against other pumpkin recipes in both sweet and savory categories.  The competition was judged in a "Throwdown" fashion with scoring by local food celebrities and "People's Choice" alike.  And the result was...


 I won!

Prizes and glory aside, it was a priceless experience in my little hometown.  The weather was perfectly autumnal, and absolutely nothing beats the look on people's faces when they eat something that you are really proud of.  

I will include the "award-winning" recipe after it is published in the local newspaper, so check back soon!

3 comments:

sara zucker said...

CONGRATULATIONS. not shocking, more than deserved.

Sue watson said...

I've been busy and haven't visited for a while. I came across you again and it was like returning to an old friend. Your cupcakes are beautiful, but your writing ... it takes me to another place ... thank you x

eriKa said...

Can't wait to see the recipe! I love all things pumpkin. YUM.