Sunday, August 1, 2010
Case Study 66: "The Summer Secret"
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for garnish
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. When cupcakes are completely cooled, fill with Nutella, using the cone method.
Peanut Butter Buttercream
2 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
4-6 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix peanut butter until smooth, and add in the vanilla.
2. Add 1 cup confectioner’s sugar and mix until combined. Mix in ¼ cup milk.
3. Mix in remaining cups of confectioner’s sugar, and additional milk depending on consistency and preference.
4. Frost cupcakes, top with a half chocolate dipped marshmallow, go for a swim, come back, DEVOUR.