My song au courant is spinning between Gainsbourg and Polnareff favorites and the globe string lights are casting a morning glow through the dogwood off the deck as I delve into a sweet berry clafoutis, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
And for a moment, I am back in France, and it's spring, just as it was many years ago.
1 cup raspberries and blueberries
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
Seeds of 1 vanilla bean (or 1tsp vanilla essence)
Some cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tray, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
2. Wash blueberries and raspberries and add a few to each muffin cup.
3. Mix flour, vanilla and sugar together.
4. Add the cream and whisk together.
5. Add the eggs and combine.
6. Pour mixture into muffin tray, in each muffin cup, over the berries.
7. Bake in the oven for roughly 20 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon.