"I am not ashamed to say
that no man I ever met was my father's equal,
and I never loved any other man as much."
- Hedy Lamarr
Happy happy birthday, to the greatest man I know.
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
2-3 apples, minced
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts), chopped finely
1. Set the oven at 350º and line a one-dozen cupcake pan, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl until combined and fluffy, roughly 3 minutes.
3. Add the egg and mix until combined.
4. Blend in the apples. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts until combined and fold in the nuts.
5. Fill the cupcake pan and bake 20-22 minutes, cupcakes will be dark brown.
Bourbon Vanilla-Bean Buttercream1 c. butter
2-3 tsp. bourbon
1 vanilla bean, scraped
4-5 cups confectioner's sugar
1. Combine the butter and cream cheese with a mixer on a medium speed, 3 minutes.
2. Mix in the vanilla bean
3. Gradually blend in the confectioner's sugar. If it becomes to dense, cut with 1-2 tsp. bourbon at a time.
4. Frost cupcakes generously, and enjoy with fond thoughts of autumn.